Good Tidings to All!
The Johnson Creek Watershed Council is holding our 2nd Annual Creek Crew Leader Training! Come train to lead volunteer groups during 3 or more restoration events during the 2018 planting season.
Email email@example.com to sign up!
WHEN: Saturday, January 13th from 1pm-5pm
WHERE: Johnson Creek Watershed Council Office, 1900 SE Milport Rd Suite B, Milwaukie, OR 97222.
Perks of Being a Creek Crew Leader
- Leadership and hands-on restoration experience.
- Make friends from different backgrounds.
- Reference for applications to college, jobs, or scholarships.
- Gain familiarity with Pacific Northwest species.
Here’s the down and dirty of what to expect as a Creek Crew Leader:
- Attend our one-day training to support restoration events in the watershed and learn:
- Managing the registration table.
- Leading safety talks, and hands-on tree planting and restoration techniques.
- Attend and assist at least 3 volunteer events in 2018
- We will crown you with a rad JCWC Creek Crew beanie and send you home with a Creek Crew Leader manual!
How to prepare for the training: Dress for the weather with sturdy shoes, rain gear, and warm layers. We will be doing a hands-on restoration portion of the day!
Also–please bring your calendar to the event and get ready to sign up for 3 or more events for the year! (Dates that are in especially high demand are Mon. Jan 15 and Sat. Jan 20 for MLK Day, Sat. March 3 for Watershed Wide, and Sat. August 25 for the Johnson Creek Cleanup).
We will serve hot soup, please feel free to bring a potluck dish to share with other incoming crew members! (NOTE: Creek Crew must be 18 or older if serving alone, but parent-kid teams are welcome for kids over 16).
READY TO REGISTER? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up! Link to the event with more details is HERE.
We look forward to seeing you there and hope that your holiday season is full of rest, relaxation and good company!
Johnson Creek Watershed Council
PS: If you can’t make it to this event, check out other events on our website coming up in the next couple months!
Monday, Jan. 15, 9-5pm @ Springwater woods in Gresham MLK Day
email email@example.com to sign up! Details to follow
Thursday, Jan. 23, 6-8pm location TBD, Parks Naturalist Training.
Saturday, Feb. 3, 9-12 @ Tideman Johnson Park, Work Party.
Thursday, Feb. 8, 5:45-8pm @ JCWC Office, Lamprey Orientation.