Resources Regarding Houseless Neighbors

As many of you may know, the City of Portland continues to be in a declared state of housing emergency, and houselessness is a crisis visible every day to most Reed residents. When considering camps, our neighbors have felt unsure of what resources to connect with and what that means for the people involved. We want to balance safety with compassion as best as we can. 

If you are in an emergency, call 9-1-1 right away.

Reed Neighborhood Association’s recommendation is to use the City’s One Point of Contact Campsite Reporting System. This is the best way we’re currently aware of to compassionately connect unhoused residents to resources, to clean up dangerous sites, and to avoid escalating a situation that may not require law enforcement.

One Point of Contact

There are two ways to report using the One Point of Contact Campsite Reporting System.

  1. PDX Reporter:
  2. Calling 3-1-1.

Residents in the Reed Neighborhood have seen most productive and timely responses come from multiple residents filing reports. These reports strongly influence how the city, county, & Metro prioritize resources. Once a resident submits a report, they recommend that resident continue to submit a new report of the same site “once a week” if the situation persists. 

A report with this system is not a police report or a request for law enforcement, and can be made anonymously. These reports are coordinated among social services, PBOT’s vehicle inspection team, Bureau of Development Services Code Enforcement Team, and police as needed.

Please, talk to your neighbors if there is a bad situation on your block and work together to give clear and consistent information about what is happening to these organizations that can help.

Other resources and options:

PBOT Abandoned, Hazardous, or Junk Vehicles

503-823-6874; Office number

503-823-7309; 24 hour automated report hotline

You’ll provide the address and description of the auto, and the license number. Note that the City does not recommend the Abandoned Auto Report for people living in a vehicle.

Illegal Dumping


Illegal dumping on public property or public right of way is best reported to Metro’s Regional Illegal Dumping (RID) Patrol.

Drug and Vice Complaints

To submit a criminal drug report, the City recommends reporting open drug use using the Online Drug and Vice Complaint form: